Youth Minister & Alton College Chaplain
Parish of the Resurrection, Alton
Can you inspire? Do you want to be part of a dynamic team?
We are looking for a Christian Youth Minister and Chaplain to Alton College (FE College) who can inspire young people and their families to reach their full potential in Jesus Christ and make a difference in the world.
The Parish of the Resurrection is in the Winchester Diocese and in North East Hampshire. We are four churches with a variety of worship. Already we have a number of activities for children and their families and a newly formed Youth Group (FROG) but want to see more and grow.
We are looking for someone who will work with our volunteers and give much needed strategic leadership so that we see more young people in our town living for Jesus and his mission.
We are seeking someone:
- to encourage young people to receive for themselves the gift of faith in Jesus Christ
- to provide opportunities for young people within the parish to flourish in their faith in Jesus Christ
- to be inspiring and innovative in approach and the activities provided so that young people will be drawn in and nurtured
- to shape character and the characteristics associated with the Christian faith as given by The Holy Spirit
- to assist with a spiritual, moral and ethical structure which will assist in healthy relational and community living into the future
- to further develop and maintain multi-faith chaplaincy for students and staff within Alton College
This is post for someone with experience who can combine the challenge of a growing parish and a chaplaincy model at Alton College.
37 hours a week, 7 of which will be devoted to Alton College and its chaplaincy needs.
£23-28,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
Closing date 7th April 2017; Interviews likely on 25th April
For further details contact The Parish Office – 01420 83234 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For conversation about the post, please contact Revd Andrew Micklefield on 01420 88794